Friday 3 May 2013

Celebration - 50 of my Favourites

April 5th was such a spectacular day!  I had planned a special surprise party for my Kindy's and the buddy class to help me celebrate turning 50.  Thought I knew all the details and had all the surprises under control... I didn't realize that somehow the parents had found out and had organized my little sweethearts to hold balloons for me when I opened my door... what a lovely surprise!  WOW!






Ms West took control of decorating my classroom and whisked the students off to spend time with their buddies.


The buddy class and Ms West had organized a sensational presentation... 50 things they love about me... YUP, needed kleenex!  Such a special time with these 50 students!




Yummy pizza was provided by Ms West along with many lovely treats and visits throughout the day from previous students and staff members.  My parents made the journey out to BC from Alberta for my birthday and loved meeting all the children!  The Kindy's had many questions for my parents about me when I was a little girl.
Completely spoiled by so many thoughtful cards and gifts.



We took time to chat about "What I should do now that I am 50... and all that they "know" about me!  This was absolutely hysterical!  Especially when I was told that 'now that I am 50... I'm almost 100!' I love 5 year olds!

A party isn't complete without loot bags!  Silver buckets filled with some of my favourite things...  paints, smarties, a Swedish Flag, glitter, crayons, bubbles, felt pens and a red heart (so that they will always know that they are my sweethearts!)


We had a dance party... and introduced them to some of my favourite music by the Swedish band ABBA!
... party hats and noisemakers provided by Ms West...





Happy Birthday... 'hummed' by noisemakers.... and 50 children!

My very special friend that took care of so many details and made this party my most favourite birthday ever!

A lovely book made by Ms Polubinski's students...



My lovely parents...


A lovely castle designed and created by my Kindy's for me to live in... WITH ALL OF THEM!

A visit from Max!

A photo shoot with all my Kindy's and special friends!







Super yummy cupcakes made by one of my parents to enjoy at the end of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment